What is Class IV Laser Therapy and how can it help me heal naturally?
by apts2016, October 1, 2022
Class IV laser therapy is a type of physical therapy that uses lasers to help the body heal. The therapy is said to work by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
Class IV Laser Therapy is often used to treat chronic pain, injuries, and other conditions. The therapy is non-invasive and can be done in a doctor’s office or at a physical therapy center.
Class IV lasers have more than 0.5 watts of power and are frequently effective for treating issues that have not yielded positive results with other types of treatments. In addition to chronic pain, injuries, and inflammation. It is a painless procedure that leaves no scars or marks on the skin.
Class IV Laser Therapy has also been used to treat conditions such as:
- Neck ache
- Elbow ache
- Knee discomfort
- Shoulder ache
- Wrist ache
- Foot ache
- Hip ache
- Sciatica and other conditions
- Carpal tunnel
- Plantar fasciitis
How Does Class IV Laser Therapy Work?
Laser therapy works by delivering light energy in a specific wavelength that interacts with damaged cells and stimulates them to heal. The light energy is absorbed and converted to ATP (energy) that the cells can use to repair and regenerate themselves.
Class IV Laser Therapy is distinct from laser therapies used in dermatology (such as acne treatment) and ophthalmology (eye) procedures.
Class IV Laser Therapy based on four key laser technology parameters:
- Wavelength: The right wavelength is crucial for stimulating healing. The most common therapeutic wavelength is 810nm, which has been shown to be the most effective for healing.
- Power: The power of the laser should be high enough to penetrate deeply into the tissue, but not so high that it damages the tissue.
- Duration: The duration of the laser treatment should be long enough to stimulate healing, but not so long that the tissue becomes damaged.
- Frequency: The frequency of the laser should be high enough to stimulate healing, but not so high that the tissue becomes damaged.
What to expect during a Class IV Laser Therapy treatment?
During a Class IV Laser Therapy treatment, you will be asked to lie down on a table or bed. The physical therapist will then place the laser device on your skin and move it around as needed.
The treatment is usually painless, but you may feel a warm sensation on your skin. The treatment will last for 10-30 minutes, depending on your condition.
After the treatment, you may feel a bit tired or have some mild redness on your skin, but this should go away within a few minutes.
Some of the advantages you can anticipate are as follows:
- Relief of pain in the affected area
- Improved mobility and range of motion
- Scar tissue was reduced, and cellular growth and repair were stimulated.
- Inflammation has been reduced.
- Treatment that is painless and requires little to no downtime
- There are no serious side effects.
Class IV Laser therapy is a promising treatment option for those who are looking for an alternative to medication or surgery.
If you want to find out more about Class IV Laser Therapy Visit APTS website. And if you live near Austin, Texas you can consider Austin Physical Specialist.
At Austin Physical Therapy Specialists, We offer LightForce Class IV Laser Therapy, which is an innovative and potent treatment that penetrates injured tissue, resulting in faster healing and natural pain relief.
So what are you waiting for? Schedule your appointment today!!